My Family

My Family

About Me

My photo
just a sinner saved by grace striving to do my best while learning that failure is just part of life. i'm married to my best friend and love my two boys with all of my heart.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Update on Kate

Lindsey just updated her blog with the latest on Kate.  Kate was admitted on Tuesday, after her central line was placed.  She was to have chemo start on Wednesday. Unexpectedly, Kate spike a 103 temp and was placed into isolation.  This changed her start date for chemo and her transplant. She tested positive for a cold virus, and the transplant doctor needs her to be 14 days out from the onset of the fever/virus.
They were discharged home today and will be readmitted on Aug. 23, with chemo to start on Aug. 24, and transplant to occur on Sept. 2.
Lindsey's friend and I are working on coordinating meals for Lindsey, Alex, and Kate.  As Lindsey learned during this admission, she has very little time to go to the restroom, let alone get food for herself.  If you are interested in donating a meal to them, please email me, and I can set you up with the link for the meal plans.
Thanks again for all of your prayers.  They are truly felt, and we know that God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment