My Family

My Family

About Me

My photo
just a sinner saved by grace striving to do my best while learning that failure is just part of life. i'm married to my best friend and love my two boys with all of my heart.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Got Swabbed?

My 11 month old niece, Kate, is fighting for her life.  At the beginning of June, Kate was diagnosed with a rare bone marrow failure.  The only cure is a total bone marrow transplant.  After testing, we have learned that Lindsey & Alex are not matches for Kate.  This means that her second chance of life will come from a perfect stranger.  Years ago, Kate's chance of finding a match would be close to impossible, but thanks to DKMS there is hope.
There are thousands of patients with leukemia and other life-threatening diseases who are depending on finding a matching donor who can give them a second chance at life.  There are millions on the registry but only 4 out of 10 patients find their match; that means 6 our of 10 patients NEVER receive the lifesaving transplant they need.
We are talking life or death.  The donor process is very simple and what a huge reward to know that YOU saved someone's life.

Head over to Lindsey's blog to read Kate's story and find out exactly how you can make a difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment