My Family

My Family

About Me

My photo
just a sinner saved by grace striving to do my best while learning that failure is just part of life. i'm married to my best friend and love my two boys with all of my heart.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 7, 2012

It's not that I'm a bad cook, I'm just lazy

Ok, hubs admits that I'm not a bad cook. (and really - he means it, he's not just telling me that...and even if he doesn't mean it, I'm going with what was verbalized regardless of the truth behind it)
I just work nights (confession: nights/days it doesn't matter what I work really) and live tired.
I can follow a recipe well, prefer to bake over cooking, can throw anything into a crock-pot, can't cook like my mama or NaNa to save my life, and gourmet is out of the question.
My sister on the other hand, well she can look at something and recreate it when she gets home.
So when smoke started pouring out of the toaster oven and a loud "ugh! I burned my pop-tart!" I felt like I wasn't that big of a kitchen failure.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! LOLOL! You are awesome in every way! Dang, a pop tart sounds good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren!
    I'm finding you through Kelly's Korner. I noticed you are in Ocala, FL. I'm in Cape Coral/Fort Myers area. We live in Cape Coral and my husband is Associate Pastor at a church in N. Fort Myers. I don't think we are very far apart!
    Nice to "meet" you. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny post Laurel, and nice to meet you.
    God bless!
    Your newest follower from Monday meet up- the Houtz
    www.ugochi-Jolomi.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kate! I couldn't find an email for you so hopefully you'll get this! You won the free custom cell phone case from Leelou Blogs! Send me an email so we can make sure you get it!
    Congrats!
    -Leelou
    leelou@leeloudesigns.com

    ReplyDelete